We are looking for visionary organisations who want to make a real difference in communities today and secure a place in the hearts and minds of people across the country for years ahead.
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUPPORTERS
We are grateful to our sponsors and supporters who make it possible for us to continue our work creating young environmentalists, empowering children, their families, schools and communities.
How our supporters make Picker Pals possible
- AIB’s multi-year financial support has so far facilitated the Picker Pals programme in 120 classrooms around the country
- AIB ran an internal environmental webinar for employees featuring the Picker Pals programme
- Funded the development of the Picker Pals puppet shows on Picker Pals TV.
- ESW have made it possible for us to send Picker Packs to schools all over Ireland
- ESW employees have initiated litter-picking in their local area
- ESW’s graduate programme has engaged with Picker Pals to make the programme part of the corporate furniture for employees and their families
- Facilitated Picker Pals for 2,400 children in over 100 classrooms
- Provided a new X3i fully electric car for our Nationwide Roadshow
- Supported the Olympicker Games, appearing on RTE News2Day
- Enabled the development of Picker Pals TV shows to over 6,000 children all over Ireland
- Paid for the print costs for all of the Picker Pals Funbooks in 2020-21
- Equipped 100 of our unique Picker Packs containing litter-picking equipment
- Sky Head Office are using their Picker Packs internally, going out litter-picking and making a local impact
- Adopted Picker Pals as part of their Sky Cares programme
- Sky parents’ group have engaged with Picker Pals allowing Sky families to play their part.
- Facilitated the Picker Pals programme in 10 schools in Kildare
- Ran an internal environmental webinar for employees
- Supported the development of Picker Pals TV calls to 54 classrooms
- Offered Picker Pals as a volunteer activity to all employees as part of their volunteer programme
- Supported the development of Picker Pals’ social media strategy
- Enabled the printing of the Picker Pals reader “Picker Power”
- Our first corporate sponsor who believed in us from the beginning
- Brought Picker Pals to 20 schools in Dublin
- Provided networking advice and support to the programme
- Chosen as corporate citizenship initiative through two consecutive yearly donations
- Enabled two schools to participate in the Picker Pals programme
- Running a promotion for Picker Pals within their app
- Chose Picker Pals as their Charity of the Month
- Enabled a local school to participate in the Picker Pals programme
- Hosted a virtual environmental workshop featuring Picker Pals
Voice are the Picker Pals partners in Ireland and have facilitated the roll-out of the programme since 2019. VOICE is a member-based Irish environmental charity that empowers individuals and local communities to take positive action to conserve our natural resources. VOICE advocates for the government and the corporate sector to adopt environmentally responsible behaviours, and for the development of strong national policies on waste and water issues.
The Rediscover Fashion team has been working with Picker Pals to create their Picker Pack bags for schools. The Rediscover Fashion team made the Picker Pack bags from discarded boat sails. The sails are an ideal material to use for this project as it is strong and durable. Reusing the sails and making them into the bags has prevented the material from being sent to landfill.
reasons for enabling Picker Pals to reach their goals…
Picker Pals is grateful to the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications.
We are also grateful to receive funding from the following local authorities.